free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

A is for Apple


Welcome to the - who woulda thunk it? - TWELFTH round of ABC Wednesday, established by the ADMIRABLE Denise Nesbitt. Each week, there is a designated letter (this week is A, next week is B, etc.)

We have all sorts of rules and guidelines, but let's get to the CORE of the matter: we want to have fun. We like to invite people from all around our world to participate.

So here's the mechanics:

1. You write a blog post. It should include a mention of and link to ABC Wednesday, as well as clear reference how it meets the week's topic (A is for...) Feel free to use the current logo on your blog.

2. You enter the specific link to your blog post in that Linky doodad.

3. At least one person from the ABC Wednesday team, and undoubtedly others, will visit your post and leave a comment.

4. Try and visit at least 5 other participants either before or after your listing and comment on their post; or pick some at random. The more sites you do visit, the more comments you will probably get.

5. We retain the right to delete overly commercial links.

PLEASE don't force us to remove your post; we always feel badly about doing it. But we want to be fair to those who do abide by the rules.

If you have any questions about this, contact me at RogerOGreen (at) Gmail (dot) com.
***

Now why would I post Mary Hopkin's 1968 single Those Were the Days here?

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...





25 comments:

  1. An Absolutely Amazing Alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary Hopkins "Those were the Days" was on Apple label! I have it in the loft! Oh I LOVE questions Roger!
    Great introduction! Way hey Round 12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...round 12.... may ABC Wednesday never end. So to that end I ACKNOWLEDGE and Thank you - all of for your tireless effort and commitment! Here's to Round 12!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great introductory post Roger and fun including "those were the days" from the Apple label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your introductions are always well thought over and fun at the same time! Thanks Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Apple :) It's my first time ever to listen to Those Were the Days in its entirety. My Mom sings it in the kitchen.

    Thank you for ABC Wednesday, such fun! Hurray for Round 12!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the new round. I haven't been participating for a while, but I'm excited to be back.


    An Arkies Musings


    ReplyDelete
  8. Always enjoy ABC ~ thanks for hosting ~ fun post ~

    (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful way to begin the new round with the requirements for participation on ABC WEDNESDAY! You really did do an ADMIRABLE job getting to the core of the matter. Thanks for ALL your work and guidance. Bravo!! ALL together now: Hip, Hip Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start for Round 12! I can't believe I've been doing this since the letter B in Round 2!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  11. as Denise has already said, Mary Hopkin's song was on the Apple record label and probably it was the label's first hit record, maybe even their first release.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't think what zeitgeist I belong to. Love the song -- always have, but sorry, (blush) I have never heard of Mary Hopkins, but she has a wonderful clarity to her voice. Then again I was living in two different countries other than the US in those days. I will Google her. Do I dare mention her teeth? Only perfect mouths make it on videos and DVD's these days. I only noticed it because my dentist wants to give me that perfection for $8,000 !! I guess I won't be singing on any video clips in this lifetime! Thanks for all you do Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Oh my goodness -- she was Welsh!! Yet still, I was, at that time the mother of two children under four, and traveled back and forth from England and Canada twice in '68. What a great voice and great song, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Missed this when i was off to India, but i am back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Round 12 ? Amazing! Glad to have found this prompt. Thanks for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Round 12! I've been doing this since mid-April, 2009 (whatever round that was). Thanks for keeping this going for all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely apple with a heart carved out - so apropos, after all it is heart healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Mary Hopkin's song, so successful in France also..... Nostalgie quand tu nous tiens....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for keeping the ABC meme going for us all! We are lucky to have this dedicated team - hugs to you all!

    Happy Wednesday to everyone from snowy NH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is just perfect! i chance upon this site from one of the blogs i visit. i plan to finish the meme up to letter Z. may the all allow it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hoping I can keep this up!! :-) I always enjoy your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. it's great to be here!finally able to join. thanks to my dear friend, Rose, I discovered ABC Wednesday through her post. And thanks to the ABC Wednesday team for visiting and leaving your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed the song - brought back a few memories.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Those were the days" was very popular in Japan. She was very pretty. Good old song!!

    ReplyDelete