free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Y is for HAPPY NEW YEAR

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom 
that experience can instill in us. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. 
Oprah Winfrey

Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.
Shakespeare - Merry Wives of Windsor

 The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.
- G.K. Chesterton 

Welcome to the Year 2013! I can't believe it's been 13 years since we welcomed in the new millenium when we all waited on tenterhooks to see if the world would implode!  Well, apparently life goes on everywhere and we continue to try to "get it right," as Oprah says.   I don't make resolutions at New Year's, as I try to live my life properly every day.  However, sometimes it's good to reflect on the past in order to make improvements for the future.  The year 2012 had some good and some bad - at home and on the world front.  So whatever I might do personally - whether it be to pray, to contribute financially, to befriend others, or simply share my words - I will do it.   I also encourage YOU to do it, too!  Keep going even if you want to give up on your resolutions.  Make 2013 the best Year ever! 

What a year it will be!  Feel free to share your thoughts about 2012, yearnings for 2013, or your New Year's resolutions.



2013




14 comments:

  1. A perfect photo for today and wonderful thoughts and sentiments. Happy New YEAR to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray this year brings all those desires in our lives come to fruition. Happy New Year.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I join Ann in her wishes to you all and add that may this, in addition to fulling dreams be a year of peace, prosperity, good health and good cheer. Salute to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Great introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy/Healthy/Hopeful New Year♫...Good quotes and intro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A New Year's toast: "Here's to the present, to hell with the past-a joy to the future and health to last!"

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard that line before - love it! I must remember that!

      Delete
  7. I joined your prompt today and was surprised by your nice visit. I meant to add some "y" words above my photo! I will do better next time. Thanks for the nice prompt and the visit. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year too --

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you, Leslie! Thank you for the time and effort you put into this wonderful meme. I loved your upbeat and inspirational post with apt quotes and a positive outlook to keep in mind throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete